Skip to main content

Forms and Procedures

Declaring a Major or Minor in Art History

To declare a major or minor in art history, students should visit the Weinberg advising page on declaring and choosing a major. Then, they should make an appointment to meet with the Director of Undergraduate Studies. Please come to this meeting prepared with the necessary "Declaration of Major/Minor" form, which can be obtained from the Weinberg website above. Please also bring a drafted major or minor worksheet, available here:

Major Worksheet

Minor Worksheet

Transfer Credit

Please consult the Weinberg College procedures regarding transfer credit from AP and IB Exams, Northwestern Placement Exams, and credit from other universities and colleges.

Study Abroad Credit

Please consult the Weinberg College procedures regarding rules and policies from studying abroad. Students should meet with the DUS the quarter before they plan to study abroad to review possible NU credit for courses taken elsewhere.

Petition to Graduate

In order to graduate, all Northwestern students must submit a "Petition to Graduate" with the Registrar's Office. Normally, you do this in the spring quarter of your third year. All art history majors must meet with the DUS to approve this form before submitting it to the Registrar. Please have a draft of the major or minor worksheet when you meet with the DUS and bring a copy of your transcript/Degree Progress Report. Note: the completed worksheet must be attached to the petition when submitted to the Registrar's Office.

Please refer to the Weinberg graduation petition information page or the registrar graduation page.

It might also be helpful to consult the rules regarding majors/minors and the counting of courses to your degree.

University Calendar

Please be sure to keep yourself informed of all important dates regarding registration, class times, exams, and so forth with the Northwestern Academic Calendar.